Game 2- Golden Knights vs San Jose Sharks

After a dominating game one, the Golden Knights hit the ice to take on the San Jose Sharks in game two of the Stanley Cup Playoffs. With T-Mobile Arena still on a high from the 7-0 shutout just a few days prior, the Las Vegas valley prepares themselves for another victory. However, thats not exactly what they got. Let’s take a look at what happened.

1st Period: 

The Golden Knights came out of the gate hot with a couple of great shots on net within the first 10 minutes of the period. At 14:45 Alex Tuch gets a nice breakaway and gets off a beautiful shot that was redirected by San Jose goalie Martin Jones. That wasn’t it for Tuch, just a few minutes later Deryk Engelland sends a one timer in front of the net that finds the stick of Alex Tuch but hits the blocker of Martin Jones. With just 2:01 left in the first period, Colin Miller sends a blast just wide of the net. William “Wild Bill” Karlsson grabs the rebound and from a nasty angle drills the back of the net. With the Golden Knights up 1-0, the first period ends and we head into period number two.

2nd Period:

Just 30 seconds into the second period, William Karlsson grabs a deflected puck and with a wide open shot, splits the cross bars giving the Knights a 2-0 lead. This definitely made the San Jose Sharks upset as a barrage of goals was about to ensue. With 18 minutes left, Brent Burns sends a rocket toward the net that hits Pierre-Edouard Bellemare and sends the puck right past Marc-Andre Fleury, giving the Sharks their first goal of the game. After ten more minutes of play, Fleury gets the opportunity to freeze the puck but instead tries to push it back into play. This gave the Sharks the puck and Logan Couture off a one timer finds the back of the net. With the game tied 2-2 and just 5 minutes left in the second period, Brent Burns circles the back of the net and tucks one in giving the Sharks a 3-2 lead before heading into the third period.

3rd Period: 

This period was full of hits, forechecks and almost a few dropped glove opportunities. With just 6:32 left in the final period, David Perron wins a face-off and sends a back pass to Shea Theodore who dishes one over to Nate Schmidt for a huge blast that finds the net and ties the game. The clock is running down and the Sharks are doing whatever they can to score a game winner. With 3:44 left they almost do, but Fleury with his cat like reflexes was able to stop the puck from finding the back of the net and we head into OT.


The game went into double OT but it was so fast I figured we could sum it up in one shot. The first OT was full of scoring chances coming from both ends but it was James Neal that drilled one in off a rebound from Shea Theodores wrist shot. After the officials reviewed the goal, it was called back for goaltender interference. T-Mobile Arena erupted with boo’s as the replay on the Jumbotron showed a different story. The period ends with the game still tied and we head into our second OT. In just over five minutes of play, David Perron draws a slashing penalty and gives the Sharks a one man advantage. Less than ten seconds later Logan Couture get sent a one timer pass and drills the back of the net to win the game.

We all know how exciting playoff hockey is and it looks like we are guaranteed at least 5 more games against the Sharks before we dominate and head onto the next round. So get your playoff gear ready! Next game is Monday 4/30 at 7pm PST!



Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s